Saturday 14 January 2012

Hank Williams


I think Hank Williams voice became part of my subconscious from an early age as I'm sure his music was somewhere in the background from when I was very young.  "Your Cheating Heart" is a song that I recognised when I heard it but I only have a vague memory of hearing it when we lived in Sorbie.  It may even have been one that my sister sang into her hairbrush.

It  was not until I was living in London in the 1980s that I fell in with love Hank.  Listening to his and Bob Dylan's music probably made me realise just how important music is to me.

I don't think there is Hank Williams song that I don't like.  I have sung and yodelled this very loudly and badly many times.  It's even more effective if there are a few of you and you are drunk..

No comments:

Post a Comment